"In every conceivable manner,

the family is the link to our past,

the bridge to our future"

Author: Alex Haley

March 14, 2012

May 6, 1953

Dear Mother -
   Above is picture of the Nuuanu Pali - mountain pass.  Purty, huh?  Also windier than h-.
   Last Friday I opened my hand & closed it - voluntarily.  Haven't been able to do it since, but it's encouraging.
   Have almost finished the plastic salad bowl set I'm making in Occupational Therapy.  Have 15" done on my rug - 30" to go.
   American Legion representatives have been here to see me several times.  Left a colored leaf plant.  Guess we'll plant it this weekend.  Flowers in the house I like, but plants - like dog - belong outside.
   Warmer today, & no wind.  Hope it continues.  Am a sissy - unless it's 70 degrees or over, I can't keep warm any more.
   Got new stationary, so my next letters will have pix of the Royal Hawaiian hula gals, etc.
   Write soon, huh?
   Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment